Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year



The week before Christmas, Santa visited our house. Our boys must have made a good impression, because they were very spoiled this year. Not only are they going to Disney World, but they also got a motorcycle. And by a motorcycle I don't mean one of those big wheel battery operated contraptions, a MOTORCYCLE. Mark grew up riding dirt bikes, and this is just one area where I have had to compromise. James is in heaven. He is actually pretty good at riding it, but the poor kid hasn't had many opportunities because of the snowy, freezing cold weather. Their reaction to it was priceless. Christmas day we went up to Bear Lake and stayed at my sister in-law, and brother in-law's cabin. Last summer they built this beautiful cabin that the entire family can stay in. Our kids had a blast with their cousins. They went snowmobing and played games, and stayed up way too late.
New Years Eve we got together with our friends the Carlstons. We played games and the kids watched movies and played the Wii. New Years day, we went sledding! The kids had a blast! I was feeling sad because I had forgotten to take many pictures of Christmas, because i kept forgetting my camera, but half way during sledding I realized that my new phone that I got for Christmas takes fairly decent pictures. So here are a few of us sledding!






Every time Caleb went down he would say "more." Mark and I were cold and wanting to go home, but the boys kept begging to stay at least 5 more minutes. That is quite a change from a few years ago, when we couldn't even get them to go outside in their snow clothes!! Then we came home, made a snowman in our front yard, and had hot chocolate.








It was a great Holiday Season! Now we are looking forward to hopping on an airplane and getting out of the cold for awhile! Orlando here we come!

No comments: